Friday 9 August 2013

Manic Panic in Wildfire Review and Photos!

I was feeling spontaneous the other day and decided to grab some hair dye to colour my hair. Originally I wanted to colour my hair a washed out looking lilac, like this:



I bought a "Directions" hair dye off Ebay, which I read good things about. However my hair didn't pick up the colour the way I hoped (either the dye was expired or my hair wasn't bleached enough). This time I was contemplating between red, blue, or green. I know based on experience that hair picks up red really easily so I bought the colour wildfire by Manic Panic (mostly because of the name). 



I previously tried Manic Panic before, this was my third experiment with it. I find that it fades really quickly and requires touch ups. Since it's so easy to apply and I only want it for the tips of my hair I don't mind the fading.

Before After
Since I already had ombre hair I didn't need to bleach it. On the left is how my hair looked before and on the right is the result after 30 minutes of leaving the product in my hair. The directions state to apply it on freshly washed and dry hair, mine wasn't freshly washed so that may or may not have made a difference. 


I've never had this tone of red before. I've had magenta, and redish brown. This appears to be a copper-red. The tips were practically platinum blonde and took the dye in really well. The other parts that were more of a orangey brown still picked up the red, it looks faded which works since my hair is ombre.

If you're feeling a sudden need for immediate change like I was, but don't want something completely permanent I would suggest you pick up Manic Panic, because the dye doesn't last that long. It won't fade entirely (depends on the colour you choose), but it doesn't stay as intense as the first time after a couple of washes. If you're cool about touching it up every week to get the desired intensity you would like then go for it. The price is decent when you compare it to a trip to the hair salon, but the quality isn't up to par versus high quality brands of course. I'd call it a fun pick me up!

This product is available in Shoppers Drug Mart ($14.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment